PLAY N TRADE Franchise: Honesty Still Eludes Embattled Franchisor
November 6, 2011
(UnhappyFranchisee.com) Dear Play N Trade*: How can you be the “fastest growing video game franchise worldwide” if you are not, in fact, growing?
The current Play N Trade press release states that you are the fastest growing video game franchise.
In fact, in most of the 29 press releases you’ve posted on PR.com since January, 2010 you tout the growth of the Play N Trade franchise chain with such statements as:
- Play N Trade Franchise, Inc., the largest and fastest-growing franchised video game retailer in the country… January 17, 2010
- Play N Trade is the largest and fastest-growing video game franchise worldwide. It is also one of the fastest-growing franchises worldwide across all industries… February 17, 2010
- Play N Trade Franchise, INC, the fastest growing franchise worldwide… opened over 5 new stores per month in 2009 and expects to continue to see growth at that pace or even faster throughout 2010. March 13, 2010
- Play N Trade Franchise, Inc., the fastest growing video game franchise worldwide… Play N Trade is the largest and fastest-growing video game franchise worldwide. It is also one of the fastest-growing franchises across all industries. April 01, 2010
- Play N Trade Franchise, Inc, the largest video game franchise worldwide, is excited to announce that 13 new Play N Trade stores have opened for business this year and another 13 are already scheduled to open by September. New Play N Trade stores are opening their doors in more than a dozen different states and provinces throughout the U.S and Canada. Play N Trade is the largest video game franchise worldwide. It is also one of the fastest-growing franchises across all industries. July 13, 2010
- Play N Trade Franchise, Inc., the fastest growing video game franchise worldwide November 03, 2011
The problem is, throughout 2010 and 2011, it seems that Play N Trade has experienced only negative growth, with the number of operating U.S. franchises declining from 241 in 2009 to 174 in 2010 to 146 in 2011.**
As you stated that you were to open 30 stores in 2010, it would seem likely that more than 125 PNT franchise locations have gone dark in the past two years, representing 125 franchise investments equalling tens of millions of dollars have been lost.
At the upcoming Franchise and Business Opportunities Expo, will Play N Trade Vice President of Franchise Development, Charles Franklin, really be telling prospective franchisees that Play N Trade is growing?
Do you think that is an honest and ethical representation that meets the guidelines for franchise advertising mandated by the Federal Trade Commission and the State of California?
We eagerly await your response.
* We submitted a link to this open letter to Play N Trade PR representative Rosaline Halversen
** According to Entrepreneur.com
ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE PLAY N TRADE VIDEO GAME STORE FRANCHISE? SHARE A COMMENT BELOW.
For more on Play N Trade franchise, read: