FranchisePick.com has the story of the Michele and Dave Bellso’s announcement that they’re closing the Make & Take Gourmet company owned Fayetteville store. (Read: “Leading” Meal Assembly Franchisor Make & Take Gourmet Closing Company Store)
When the franchisees closed their stores, it was their unrealistic expectations (greed) and failure to “evolve” that was to blame. When the Bellso’s store closes, it’s due to a number of external factors beyond their control.
Dave Bellso blames the closure on a “troubling convergence of circumstances” that include, in his words:
* “We had good customers out there, just not enough of them.”
* “We just don’t have the business out there,”
* “consumers habits have changed so much in the past three or four months.”
* “Summer months… are typically slow in this business.”
* “…Expenses were way too high out there.”
* “…we had that lease, they wouldn’t change…”
WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHARE A COMMENT BELOW.