April 26, 2012
SNAP Fitness Franchise Complaints are plentiful on the Internet.
Do you have a SNAP Fitness Franchise Complaint? Please share it below.
Do you love Snap Fitness? Please tell us why in a comment below!
Also read: ANYTIME FITNESS Franchise Complaints
Snap Fitness franchise marketing claims that “The Snap Fitness franchise concept is the wave of the future. Regardless of the condition of our Nation’s economy, people always appreciate good value. With single memberships as low as US$22.50 per month, your Snap Fitness franchise provides a great alternative to the big box health club concepts available today
Snap Fitness promises world-class support, including:
- Site Selection
- Lease Negotiations
- Location Build-out
- Ordering Initial Materials & Supplies
- Hands on training at our Minneapolis corporate offices
- On-site sales staff the entire 1st week of your store opening
- Ongoing monthly training and sales seminars
Snap Fitness Franchise Complaints
However, unhappy Snap Fitness franchise owners, former owners and employees tell a different story.
On Blue Mau Mau, a failed Snap Fitness franchisee wrote:
Don’t believe the sales pitch that you can run a successful snap while also working full time somewhere else. This would only work if you are able to pay a full time, sales oriented manager.
Also, you most likely will NOT breakeven within the first 6 months. It could take 12-18 months or more. Make sure you have the financial resources to subsidize your business for the long haul.
These were my two biggest mistakes. I didn’t have the time, energy or finances to keep my business going.
My experience in the fitness industry cost me over $200,000. These franchisors are theives at best…
Snap Fitness Crap wrote:
If you choose to sign with Snap Fitness…..Beware
If you become dissatisfied with them and don’t want to renew your agreement, they have a clause in the agreement that prevents you from doing business on your own for two years. Peter Taunton is no better then a mob boss forcing franchisees to stay with him. And the sad part is that they really don’t do anything to help you succeed, except have their name, which I have found no one is familiar with the name anyway unless they have actually driven by a Snap in their area. Biggest mistake I have ever made in my life.
Why do Snap Fitness franchises fail?
1. Inaccurate representation of potential financial success by corporate
2. Factual statistics about financial health of current franchisees “not available”
3. Weak business model
4. Inadequate support provided to franchisees by corporate
5. “No contract” memberships become a liability in time
6. Billing, software and technical equipment continually have issues
7. Requires turnover of staff to keep costs low. Revolving door employees.
8. Return on investment, if any, is scant and unjustified for the amount of risk
9. CORPORATE IS MAKING HUGE PROFITS WHILE FRANCHISEES ARE WIPING OUT
PETER TAUNTON = Case # 24040055, Court File # K598001371, Disposition Date 3/18/1999, Minnesota Attorney General’s Office St. Paul, Kaniyohi District Court, Theft-by Swindle-Artifice/Trick/Device or Other, Statute # 609.52.2.4., CONVICTED, Probation Sentence – 2 Years
ARE YOU A SNAP FITNESS FRANCHISE OWNER, SNAP FITNESS FRANCHISEE OR EMPLOYEE? ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE SNAP FITNESS FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY? SHARE A COMMENT BELOW.